- 2 rabbits, prepared and cut into small pieces
- 2 bulbs garlic, separated and the cloves peeled
- 1 ½ Kilos Bomba rice
- 3 litres water / chicken stock
- 2 red peppers (diced)
- 3 medium tomatoes (diced)
- Cracked black peppercorns
- Olive oil
Turn down the heat then, using a ladle add the rice counting each ladleful as you go – one kilo of rice is roughly 7 ladles.
Stir the rice into the vegetables and continue to cook until the rice begins to lose its color.
Now add your stock, ladle in as with the rice, counting as you go. You need two ladles of stock for every one of rice. 14 ladles should be sufficient.
Add a pinch of saffron.
At this point the rabbit does not need to be stirred any more. Lower the heat.
At this stage cover the whole pan in tinfoil and leave the paella to cook for 10 minutes.
Remove the foil and serve.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Time: 1 hour